Wednesday, December 31, 2008
What Do You Mean It's New Year's Eve???
How did that happen?? One minute it was summer and now its New Year?? I'm not sure how that all happened... hmmmm.
So looking back on what I was up to this time last year I realised that things have definitely moved on in 2008. Oh there was a lot of two steps forward one step back in terms of writing but from posting my partial on New Year's Eve last year to having the full in before Christmas is quite an achievement. I also came third in the Elizabeth Goudge award back in the summer... go me!
So what is planned for 2009?
Well I've set myself a few goals, some writing, some voice over/radio and some personal... here we go *deep breath*
1. I will finish 'Bah Humbug' this year and another manuscript aimed at M&B. This will be an interesting and challenging one and of course if M&B come back with revisions (or even THE CALL) some shifting around will have to be done. This is out of my control so I just have to go with what I can influence.
2. I will get my voice demo out there! This was one of 2008's goals and it worked up to a point. I just need to do more!
3. Keep up the health and fitness. This is something I can do, even though the last few weeks have been less than impressive. I am now 20lbs lighter than I was this time last year. GO ME!! Now to just keeping it that way.
4. Be better with finances. This year has been a leetle up and down... refurbishing a flat can wipe you out!! But in 2009 I will be even better!
5. Be happy. Self explanatory and something I think I've managed to do most of the year (except for the big blip in the autumn).
6. Saying no. No. No. No. No. And meaning it. And not feeling guilty about saying it. NO!
I hope everyone has a lovely New Year, I will be seeing it in with one of my favourite people. We are eating spag bol/chili, drinking wine and champagne and watching lots of DVDs (but no romantic comedies... they've been barred. Bloody men!)