Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

This Work Lark

I have been thinking long and hard recently about whether this work lark is really worth it. I know work is worth it, you have to eat and pay for a roof over your head, I know THAT.
I'm just wondering about the other bits. You know the bits that get in the way of the stuff you REALLY want to do.
Is it really necessary to work till all hours when you could be writing or working as a kickass country music DJ?
The last few months have seen me working evenings and weekends just to keep the clients happy and it doesn't look like it will change in the next few months sigh

Of course you could argue if I didn't have three blogs, an active email life and an addiction to eHarlequin I would get work and writing done. And I can see your argument. I can. But then I really wouldn't have a social life. Honest.

So I have sat down and made a list. This is my new action plan for dealing with the work lark. I think you'll find it has been logically thought out:

Step 1. Find Rich Man
Step 2. Seduce Rich Man
Step 3. Marry Rich Man
Step 4. Quit Day Job
Step 5. Become Country Music DJ
Step 6. Write and Sell Bestseller
Step 7. Repeat step 6 until end

4 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

That reminds me of a friend who when asked what she wanted to become answered -- a kept woman.
Do you want the rich man for life or simply until you write the best seller? Also, does this rich man have to have red hair?
Would it help if he owned a country music radio station? There are a lot of things for you to consider.
ButI wish you Godspeed with your quest.

Unknown said...

All these things I hadn't thought of!! You mean I have to make decisions other than Rich Man? I suppose I could have him for life... I think my action plan needs extra work. Oh bloody hell even more time not writing ;-)

Procrastinator? Who? Me?

Amie Stuart said...

Might I suggest marrying rich old man? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Rats, I should have thought up that plan before I married a regular guy, LOL.